What is Overblown?
We want you to join our team.
Why Contribute To Overblown?
- We reward our writers. We regularly send our frequent contributors vinyl, band t-shirts, and other music related merchandise. We have plans in place to create a system in which the writers who create the most popular content for the site will have the chance to earn cash each month.
- Get your writing seen. We have wide reaching social media distribution, and a dedicated and engaged audience. Posts by our writers have been cited in articles by leaders in music journalism such as Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, Consequence of Sound, NPR, Brooklyn Vegan, and NME among many others. Our features are regularly shared by bands and labels.
- Build relationships with leaders in the alternative music scene. Over the last two years, we have developed contacts with many pioneering alternative/indie labels, bands, venues, and festivals throughout the world. As a writer for Overblown, you will have the chance to work directly with these contacts.
- Become a better music journalist. On Facebook, we have a private group for Overblown contributors. Here, writers share ideas and tips about their writing and operating within the music industry.
- Be creative. At Overblown we love new ideas and suggestions. As a contributor to Overblown you will be encouraged to express yourself in an imaginative and innovative manner.
How To Contribute To Overblown
We are looking for photographers to photograph gigs and interviews.
We are looking for graphic designers to create memes, infographics, and graphics for articles.
- Send us a few sentences describing your idea.
- Limit your pitch to one or two ideas.
- Let us know if you need assistance with preparation for the article (gig guest-list, interview organisation etc.)
If you would like to contribute to Overblown, fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.