What is Overblown?
Overblown is a fast growing alternative music website that was founded in 2014. We are dedicated to delivering news about the best new alternative music combined with features and opinion that challenge ideas and spark discussion about the nature of alternative music and culture at large.
We want you to join our team.
Why Contribute To Overblown?
- We reward our writers. We regularly send our frequent contributors vinyl, band t-shirts, and other music related merchandise. We have plans in place to create a system in which the writers who create the most popular content for the site will have the chance to earn cash each month.
- Get your writing seen. We have wide reaching social media distribution, and a dedicated and engaged audience. Posts by our writers have been cited in articles by leaders in music journalism such as Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, Consequence of Sound, NPR, Brooklyn Vegan, and NME among many others. Our features are regularly shared by bands and labels.
- Build relationships with leaders in the alternative music scene. Over the last two years, we have developed contacts with many pioneering alternative/indie labels, bands, venues, and festivals throughout the world. As a writer for Overblown, you will have the chance to work directly with these contacts.
- Become a better music journalist. On Facebook, we have a private group for Overblown contributors. Here, writers share ideas and tips about their writing and operating within the music industry.
- Be creative. At Overblown we love new ideas and suggestions. As a contributor to Overblown you will be encouraged to express yourself in an imaginative and innovative manner.
How To Contribute To Overblown
What do we need?
We are looking for photographers to photograph gigs and interviews.
We are looking for graphic designers to create memes, infographics, and graphics for articles.
Writer Application Form
Cokiyu's new album sidhe is out now. In the decade since her debut album Mirror Flake released, Cokiyu has been busy perfecting a very singular brand of music....
UNDO is out on 24th February.UNDO is a rather apt name for this emo/post-hardcore group from Glasgow. A lot of their material seems to...