Berlin-based Australian outfit Parcels have released ‘Thefear’, another take from their upcoming live album, Live Vol. 2, alongside a video.
Recorded at a secret show in Paris’ iconic Le Palace theatre venue, the new live album serves as a continuation of a series they began with Live Vol. 1 in 2020, sharing many of the same songs but reimagining them in inventive new ways.
This fresh version of ‘Thefear’ – originally a track from their adventurous second album, Day/Night – sees Parcels exploring a wider variety of genres, with nods to progressive house and synthpop mixed into their usual sound. With this in mind, the live show has developed considerably to reflect this variety, and has earned the band a reputation for putting on a stunning performance.
The accompanying live video, shot in the same single session as the live performance, goes to great lengths to highlight the club-ready atmosphere that the band seem eager to delve deeper into, and which would be a much-welcomed direction for them to pursue on a studio record in future considering how effortlessly this rendition is pulled off.
The full album, Live Vol. 2, is released on streaming services on 20th October. Watch the video and see the full tracklist below.
Live Vol. 2 track list:
1. Shadow – from Le Palace, Paris
2. LordHennessy – from Le Palace, Paris
3. Ascend – from Le Palace, Paris
4. Recast – from Le Palace, Paris
5. Reflex – from Le Palace, Paris
6. Iknowhowyoufeel – from Le Palace, Paris
7. Gamesofluck – from Le Palace, Paris
8. Thefear – from Le Palace, Paris
9. Transcend – from Le Palace, Paris
10. Entrance – from Le Palace, Paris
11. Lightenup – from Le Palace, Paris
12. React – from Le Palace, Paris